Sunday, January 29, 2006

Reason #19: He Knows the RIGHT Answer!

Guys, there is only one answer to the question, "Do you like my hair?"

You may be tempted to offer an opinion on her new hairdo; you may be coaxed into giving suggestions on how to change her coiffure; you may even be tempted to tease her about her tresses. Don't do it! Those five little words seem innocent enough, but it's a trap!

There is only one RIGHT answer to the question, every time. Offer a simple, sincere-sounding "Yes!" then, change the subject or run out of the room!

My DH knows the right answer. We've had many conversations over the years on how to answer the question, "Do you like my hair?". But, today, in a moment of fatigue and hunger, in-between bites of beef stew, my DH got caught in the trap!

As I let those five little words slip from my mouth with a good-natured tone, DH looked up and casually commented, "Well, yes, I guess so--but it looks kind of like an 'old-lady' style, doesn't it?"

"Oh, so you think I look like an old lady, do you?" Sparks flew, smoke blew from my nostrils.

"NO! I didn't say that, I should have just said, yes!" He ran in terror from the room, and I heard him mutter to himself under his breath, "Idiot!"

I have to admit, it's so much fun to catch him off-guard.