Monday, April 17, 2006

Reason #26: He Can Sing!

Moving on to the next 25 reasons, I'd like to cheat a bit and emphasize two aspects of the same subject: his voice! My DH has a pleasant voice, which I will elaborate on more in Reason #26.

Since we both recently participated in our church Easter Musical presentation, I have to say that I am proud of my DH. He can sing! He was a valuable asset to the bass section, and I hope I helped to contribute to the soprano section.

DH was a late bloomer, in regards to vocal accomplishment. He went away to college, took a few voice lessons, and surprised everyone who knew him when he came home and sang a solo in church.

Of course, it's no surprise to me that he can sing. That was one of the requirements on my list for a future mate! We sang together during long romantic walks on our college campus. We sang together in Revivaltime Choir, a famous traveling college choir and radio broadcast program. We sang together in churches and nursing homes.

DH hasn't done a whole lot of singing, though. He sang "It is Well With My Soul" at his grandmother's funeral about four years ago. I think that's the last time he sang a solo.

A voice is like an instrument. If it gets out of practice, the voice gets a little "rusty" and crackly. DH said he had a bit of trouble with his voice, during the rehearsals and even the actual presentation. But, I'm sure no one else would have noticed.

I hope that DH continues to sing, exercising his instrument for God's glory!